Sunday 13 November 2011

I threw away my film camera at TEDx!

Well, sort of! It was such an awesome experience to be asked to present at the inaugural TEDx Newy at Newcastle's Civic Playhouse Theatre on Saturday. I delivered my idea based around 'I threw away my camera and became a filmmaker', and had lots of fun with the audience as we went down a little time trip on my cooky creative teenage years and then an exploration into serendipity that brought me to pocket filmmaking.

It doesn't matter how many times I play Mankind is no Island - it seems people are constantly amazed at what that little film did and how simply it was produced. Even when I recall the story of the making of that film, it sounds like an out-of-body experience to me... 2008 seems so long ago now!

I finished my presentation with a sneek-peek at the DSLR lens adapter plate for iPhone... and yes... mine is currently in a FedEx bag inbound - very excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment